During competition prep I struggled to find lower carb foods that were filling but still high in protein. Until I discovered the meatza!! The great thing about this is that it can be made with turkey or beef mince and you can choose your own toppings! As it already has a meat base I decided to go for a simple cheese and tomato topping with added mushrooms and jalapeno peppers 🙂
- 500g Extra Lean Turkey Breast Mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 70g Reduced Fat Cheese
- 100g Tomato Based Sauce (i.e pizza sauce or passata)
- 60g Tomato
- 30g Mushrooms
- Handful of Jalapeño Peppers, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Combine the turkey mince and spices and spread evenly in an oven tray lined with baking paper. Place in the oven for 15-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drain off the grease from the top. The meat will have shrunk slightly but don't worry, it is supposed to!
- Add your toppings then return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Can sub turkey mince for beef mince as well as choose your own toppings but bear in mind nutritional info will change!
“If you would like this recipe or any of my other recipes incorporated into your diet then make sure you check out my personalised nutrition plans.”