Protein Ice Cream? What?! Like a match made in heaven. Takes a bit of effort (and some cold hands!) but the result is a soft serve high protein ice cream! Ice cream is generally pretty high in fat which is why I went for a higher fat protein and higher fat milk to give it creaminess.
Using low fat versions will create more of an icy sorbet. I imagine most whey/casein blends would work pretty well with this!!
- 30g Protein Powder (Casein/Blend)
- 180ml Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Salt
- Fill a large freezer bag with ice and add the salt.
- Mix the protein powder and almond milk in a smaller freezer bag and make sure it is secure (unless you want salty ice cream!).
- Put the small bag in the large bag and shake for 5-10 minutes (this is where your hands get cold!)
- Let it sit in the ice bag for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove, serve and be amazed!!
- Macros will depend entirely on which powder you use!!
“If you would like this recipe or any of my other recipes incorporated into your diet then make sure you check out my personalised nutrition plans.”